- Click on Start / Control Panel / Program Features / Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Check "Telnet Server" and "Telnet Client" on. (as below picture)
You still can NOT telnet to your server until now. just because you will get the following error.
Access Denied: Specified user is not a member of TelnetClients group.
Server administrator must add this user to the above group.
Telnet Server has closed the connection
Please follow the steps to solve the problem.
- Open the Local Users and Groups snap-in. In the Start Search box, type mmc lusrmgr.msc.
- In the navigation pane, click Groups.
- In the details pane, right-click TelnetClients, and then click Properties.
- In the TelnetClient Properties dialog box, click Add.
- select user who you allows to telnet to your windows7.
and then enjoy your telnet in win7.